What do I do if I have a sewage odor in my home?

During dry weather, the traps in your drains or sinks can dry out allowing gases to be released into your home. This often seems to happen with basement drains. Try adding some water to all of your drains. If the odor does not go away, If it is during normal business hours, please call the Wastewater Treatment Plant at 317-852-1114 or the Utility Billing Office at 317-852-1102. You will need to actually speak to a person to ensure that your sewage issue is addressed - do not leave a message. If it is after hours, please call 911 and they will dispatch the appropriate personnel. Be prepared to provide your name, telephone number, and address.

Show All Answers

1. What do I do if I have a sewage odor in my home?
2. What items or products should not be flushed down a toilet or sink?
3. What is inflow?
4. What size classification is Brownsburg's Wastewater Treatment Plant?
5. Does Brownsburg maintain my sewer lateral?
6. What is the correct procedure to follow if there is sewage overflowing into the street or my home?
7. What should I do if I hear an alarm or see a flashing light at a sewage lift station?
8. What do I do if my drains are draining slowly?
9. I have a lateral that wyes with a neighbor. Who is responsible for sewer repairs and maintenance?
10. When is it necessary to have a grease trap?
11. What are possible sources of inflow?
12. Should I disconnect my inflow sources?
13. What happens if I do not maintain my sewer lateral?
14. Does Brownsburg have combined sewers and overflows?
15. How is the stormwater utility calculated?
16. What services will I receive as a result of the stormwater utility? How are the stormwater utility funds spent?
17. Who has to pay the stormwater utility?
18. I pay drainage fees to Hendricks County. Do I have to pay the stormwater utility fee as well?
19. How do I prepare for sewer cleaning?