Thank you for your interest in becoming a volunteer for your Brownsburg Parks! Volunteering offers an opportunity for physical and social activity and a sense of purpose. Plus, by helping Brownsburg Parks, you are enhancing the quality of life for all Brownsburg residents. Thank you for helping to strengthen our community!
Benefits of Volunteering with Brownsburg Parks
- You play a role in advancing your community by helping in areas of need.
- You help Brownsburg Parks to provide the community with a variety of programs and events throughout the year.
- You have direct access to Brownsburg Parks to provide input on the services that you would like to see offered or feedback on programs that are currently being offered.
- You help to create community pride in the park system.
Blast Off Playground Renovations
Calling all volunteers! We invite you to join us for an opportunity to make a lasting impact in our community. The Brownsburg Parks team will continue renovating the iconic Blast Off Playground. This year we are focusing on the fence that surrounds the playground.
Our Farmers Market is every Thursday on the Town Hall green from 4 PM to 7 PM. We cannot pull these lovely summer evenings off without the help of our volunteers.
Movies in the Park
Help set-up and run these fun filled Friday's! Volunteer spots available for set-up, running games, and tear down/clean up.
Re-introducing our Summer Soundtracks Series! We will be putting on a series of four free concerts during the summer of 2023.
You must be 18 or older to volunteer for this event.
Additional Volunteer Information
Is your organization looking for a way to give back to the community? We have a wide range of activities perfect for businesses, community organizations and school groups. If interested in scheduling a group project, email Amber Lane, Assistant Director.
Volunteer Safety Guidelines
As a volunteer, your safety is our priority. Please review and follow these safety guidelines:
- If asked to perform a task you believe is unsafe, it’s okay to say, “No.”
- Do not use equipment without first being trained on its proper use.
- When operating electric or gas-powered tools, use eye, and ear personal protection equipment.
- Carry tools safely!
- If working in a group, let your supervisor/leader know of any health or emergency needs you may have, such as allergic reactions to insect bites or plants.
- Avoid overexertion. Take a rest break when needed and drink plenty of water.
- Use sunscreen, sunglasses, and a hat to protect against the sun.
- Wear clothing that is appropriate to the task, such as long sleeves and pants when pulling weeds to avoid thorns or poison ivy. Wear closed-toe shoes, not sandals or flip-flops.
- Be careful where you step, as some park properties may have slopes, slippery footing, or holes.
- Use proper posture when lifting heavy objects by bending at the knees, not at the waist.
- Do not overfill litter bags.
- Do not pick up hazardous items (animal carcasses, needles, condoms). Report the location of such objects to a Parks employee.
Thank you for your volunteer efforts to enhance our parks and trails!